The Way I Quest

Mali Project

Monday, April 16, 2007

Here I'm again

Apr.12.2007

Today is one of those days you don't know what to expect; there is fearand uncertainty in the team, since Canada was downgraded as a regioneverybody is expecting a downsize in IT, and everything indicates isgong to be today. Who could it be? How many? We don't know.

If I got laid off , it will create stress at home and on me. It will shake me,but I'm also eager of how I will handle and how things will work in thefuture. I know I have huge opportunities to do something where I feelbetter and maybe that's what I want, but of course I need that "push". I used to have a friend who told me once 'mono to-do pasa" and lookslike only time will prove that quote.

It's 8.46 am of a spring day, outside 4 C, foggy and dark. On my 29thfloor office I see a quiet bore city, because of the fog I'm not able tosee the Lake, we'll see if I will be able to see it tomorrow or if todayis my last day here. Time what a weird thing

Apr.15 2007
Guess what? last thursday at 2.30pm my boss called me from the brainstorm room, I've checked the room availability from Outlook in the morning and I saw HR booked it for the whole day so when my phone screen showed that my boss was calling me from that room I noticed I was one of the chosen and then got laid off, I was calm, not much pain but lots of uncertenty.
It was good that we had a chance to say good bye to the rest of the IT staff, couldn't get all my stuff...now who knows....

1 Comments:

  • At 10:40 AM, Blogger BetterToday said…

    Hello, its your friends in the UK :)

    I hope you don't mind I tracked you down through your blog.

    I just wanted say we are sorry to hear what happened. It has been a pleasure working with you and I hope your enthusiasm and cheerful attitude are as well received where ever you choose to go.

    Stay in touch and email me.
    roberteggers@blueyonder.co.uk

     

Post a Comment

<< Home